Budget not available
Currently runing on Makawanpur,Nawalparasi,Chitwan & Rupandehi places of Nepal.
Background of the project
POURAKHI Nepal has successfully implemented the IFRC project “Protecting and promoting the rights of migrant domestic workers and victims of human trafficking” which was funded by European Union (EU). This project was implemented in a joint collaboration with Nepal Institution of Development Studies (NIDS). The program which was run from October 2015 to May 2017 was implemented in four districts of Nepal namely, Makwanpur, Chitwan Nawalparasi and Rupandehi. POURAKHI Nepal won this project through the global bidding process. The core objective of this project was to provide support and protection to migrant’s domestic workers and victims of human trafficking and to promote and raise awareness of their rights at all levels, through a globally coordinated civil society action in targeted countries. POURAKHI Nepal has run various activities in project districts to achieve the objective of this project.
The major activities were:
- Hearing program with workers
- Round table discussion with policy makers and other concern stakeholders at a district level and national level to assess policy gaps
- Advocacy and lobby with concerned stakeholders
- District level and regional level consultation meeting in all program districts
- Safe migration campaign rallies
- National migration conference
- Psychosocial services to victims and family and emergency shelter
- Paralegal service to migrant workers such as cases, counselling and hotline services