The Future We Want
Budget not available
Currently runing on Sindhupalchowk, Dhading
Background of the project
"The Future we want –creating a sustainable foundation to address the issue of Human Trafficking and Unsafe migration of women and Girls in Nepal" intends to provide training on vocational skills and entrepreneurship development to 300 project beneficiaries.
Supporting Agency: International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Project Duration: July 2017 to September 2018
Project Area: Dhading and Sindhupalchowk Districts
The overall goal of the "The Future We Want" project is to create sustainable foundations to address the nexus between human trafficking and foreign labor migration of women and girls in Nepal. The specific objectives of the program are:
- To create an enabling environment in homes and communities to address structural barriers, gender based discrimination and stereotypical inter generational socialization patterns in program districts.
- To strengthen individual competencies of women migrant workers and survivors of trafficking to become an independent economic actor by vocational training and public-private partnerships in select program districts.
- To enhance coherence /synergy between institutions and policies on the issues of foreign employment and human trafficking.
- To conduct an in-depth assessment on specific needs of a total of 300 project beneficiaries that include 150 women migrant workers and 150 survival of trafficking for their vocational skills and entrepreneurship development.
- To provide training on vocational skills and entrepreneurship development, integrating psycho-social skills and knowledge building on gender equality into the existing training curricula, to 300 project beneficiaries (150 women migrant workers and 150 survival of trafficking).
- To analyze and identify needs of selected training graduates for business start-up or job placement.
- To provide business start-up support and business development service to selected trainee graduates who would like to start their own business after training.
- To provide referral service and other relevant support follow-up support to selected training graduates who are interested in wage employment to facilitate their access to locally available job opportunities.