Mitigating Impact of COVID-19 on HIV Programs for Migrant Workers as ISPs in Nepal
POURAKHI Nepal had worked in two intended Outcome Areas that are;
Outcome Area 1: network strength and influence and
Outcome Area 2: access to services under this project.
- Shelter Support to vulnerable returnee women migrants
- Skill/Vocational trainings to the vulnerable returnee women migrants
- Capacity building
- Psycho Social support/care/Counseling
- A total 54 Women migrant workers benefitted through emergency shelter home of POURAKHI Nepal who were rescued and brought back to their home country due to the Covid-19 pandemic and couldn’t immediately join their family due to several reasons.
- POURAKHI Nepal has provided Psycho Social Counseling to 49 distressed women migrant workers during implementation of the project.
- Trained 26 trainers and or community workers on Safe Migration in terms of Channels used, Health & HIV and legal helping channels.
- Trained Coalition members (10 partner organizations) on HIV financing and advocacy for the health rights of Migrant Workers.
- 15 vulnerable returnee women migrant benefitted from vocational/skill trainings as alternative livelihood support.
News and Events