Emergency Shelter Home
POURAKHI Nepal has established a shelter home to respond to the immediate need of those migrant workers who are in need while coming back to Nepal from foreign employment. Among many, some of the returnee women migrants come with trauma, distress due to exploitative working condition, physical abuse and some with sexual abuse as well. Our shelter give these women shelter and necessary health services along with psycho-social support and care till their recovery. Shelter home supports women migrants who have suffered a variety of exploitative migration experiences to return and reintegrate. Shelter home helps them develop the confidence to return to their families and to re-build their life in a different way with positive environment. In order to achieve these goals POURAKHI carries out the following activities:
- Run Emergency Shelter Home for housing of returnee women migrant workers (survivors).
- Medical treatment of women returnees who need hospital treatment.
- Referral for psycho-social counseling.
- Follow-up of for women in critical condition.
- Providing service referrals.
- Food, accommodation and psycho-social counseling for needy family members of returnee migrant workers.
- Counseling and information to arriving migrants from TIA.
- Advocacy and lobbying with government bodies through coordination of meetings.